Following are resources to help you with Lucene and Solr:
- Apache Lucene is a high-performance, full-featured text search engine library written entirely in Java. It is a technology suitable for nearly any application that requires full-text search, especially cross-platform.
- Apache Solr is the popular, blazing fast open source enterprise search platform from the Apache Lucene project. Its major features include powerful full-text search, hit highlighting, faceted search, dynamic clustering, database integration, and rich document (e.g., Word, PDF) handling. Solr is highly scalable, providing distributed search and index replication.
- Lucene Revolution is a conference dedicated to open source search. The conference brings together developers, thought leaders, and market makers, and is an event tailored for anyone that is using, or considering, Apache Solr or Lucidworks Fusion for search applications.
- The Solr Resource page on the Solr Wiki has a collection of resources that talk about Solr, or provide case studies of using Solr.
- This link is to a landing page describing where to find Solr tutorials for each release of Solr.
- The Lucene Wiki page has numerous resources including latest news, code snippets, how-tos and FAQs.
- An Innovent Solr case study on a Solr-based search solution which is extremely fast to index, returns search results very quickly and of high quality, and is capable of many flexible forms of linguistic manipulation.
- An Innovent Solr Drupal case study on how we delivered a Solr based search solution that provides fast, relevant search, category browsing, along with the new Wish List and other features.